A New Term, A New You!

Welcome back to your final team in Year 10. I hope you and your family had a restful and relaxing Easter. I don't know about you, but I am feeling incredibly guilty about the number of eggs that I managed to scoff down and I am actually looking forward to having a bit more structure and routine to my day!

By now you should be finishing off this week's work that was on SMHW and please remember to send this to your teachers.

After calling your parents before the break, it became apparent that some of you were finding the workload a bit daunting. This was fed back to the Leadership Team and as a result you should see that the work has been condensed. If for any reason you were not able to complete some of the work set, it is important that you make note of this and that you tell your teachers over email, so they know how best to support you when things go back to normal. I know it's really tough but it is really important you try and stay on top of things and remember 'self -belief and hard work will always earn you success'.

You should have also received your Grade Collection which was emailed to parents and is also available on the MyEd app. Can I just say a MASSIVE well done to those of you who got 'Excellent' for ATL and H/W. I was so proud to see a sea of green on your reports. If you were not so pleased with your report, and know you could have done better and saw a lot of 'coasting' then remember you are in a fortunate position to turn this around, as there is still time before now and May 2021!

 I still remember  receiving my Year 10 report and crying when I saw my predicted grades,as they had all been lowered. I don't really know why I cried because I knew deep down I hadn't done as much revision as I could have. I did however use this as a turning point and I did a little more revision each night, spoke to my teachers and asked them for additional help and my hard work paid off in Year 11, as I know it will for you.


Proud to be 'Salesian'!

As well as planning lessons and doing a million other jobs which teachers do, Salesian staff have been keeping busy and helping the wider community by putting their talents to good use.

Mr Thomas, Mr Keeling, Mrs Aligheri and the rest of their department have been busy making PPE (visors) for NHS staff and Care Workers. When hearing this, it made me feel so proud to be part of our Salesian community. 

Also, our very own Mr Browne and the PE department have been busy fundraising for the NHS  by accumulating all the distances staff were covering on daily walks, runs and bike rides . They managed to smash their original distance of 350KM in 6 days, and are now aiming to travel 1,250km (which is equivalent of the distance from Chertsey to Turin). At the moment they have raised £1,730 for the NHS, and are hoping to smash their £2,000 target. 


If you (or your parents) would like to donate,you can do so by following the link below....


https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/salesian-staff?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=salesian-staff&utm_campaign=pfp-whatsapp&utm_term=d25722d31dda43aaa4c6ba58259ce505


If you have done anything to support or help the wider community, please let me know so we can celebrate your success!


Also, our Leadership Team have set up something called 'Salesian 7 Challenge' so keep your eyes peeled for this. I was pretty useless at the press-up challenge, as you will see but I am trying to improve each day.

Fun things that I have been doing to pass the time

I spent most of the Easter Holiday eating my way through the days/ polishing up on my cooking skills. I also have been playing virtual games with my friends, and I have hosted a virtual quiz for five different groups of people. My mum was really bad at the quiz and kept speaking over everyone and shouting out answer, so I had to use my behaviour management skills on my family quiz. 





 Finally, I also watched the 'Together At Home Concert' on BBC1 and loved the poem below and thought I would set you a challenge!  

The challenge is to write your own poem/rap about the current situation we are in. You can write it or record yourself and email these to me. There will be a prize for the best one and I will not share it if you do not want me to! Come on Year 10, please get involved.







Anyway, I hope you have a lovely weekend and PLEASE send me pics of what you have been doing, as I need some inspiration for my blog.

God Bless.

Ms Long x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think Positive, Be Positive!