Think Positive, Be Positive!



Hello fantastic people! 

Happy Friday. I hope you have had another productive week working from home. The Year 10 Team have been rushed off their feet making calls to your parents and carers, and I think it's fair to say that most of you are excited for things to return to normal! Having said that, when things do return to normal I am sure some of you will be wishing we were back in lockdown, spending quality time with your loved ones! So make the most of this as it will not last forever.  Anyway, PLEASE KEEP GOING, stay on top of your work and keep emailing your teachers when you are stuck or need support.

A message from Mr Keeling.. (The big boss)

Over the course of this week it has been a pleasure to speak to your parents and get updates on how things are going at home. Friday 20th March was our last school day and here we are approaching the end of our 4th home learning week in lockdown! I know some of you are finding it increasingly difficult to stay motivated and focused on the work set and that is understandable, but here are a few thoughts moving forwards:

In 12 months time you will be sitting your GCSE exams, it is essential to try and minimise the impact that coronavirus and the limitations of home learning will have on your progress. That said some perspective is needed here as all other Year 10's up and down the country are in the same position.

Some of you need to be doing more, submitting more, focusing more. If this applies to you, maybe give some thoughts about what you want to do when you finish your GCSE's.

Some of you need to pace yourself, GCSE's are a marathon and not a sprint (wether that's home learning or learning in school). Is your current work ethic sustainable? Some of you work incredibly hard but this is this having a wider detrimental impact?

Most of you are doing really well and are to be congratulated on your efforts. Keep working hard and you will be rewarded by progress, achievement and a wealth of opportunities.

I am looking forward to the day when we are all back in school, learning, smiling, together. All the best, stay safe.

Mr Keeling

This week's news.

Amy Malone has been putting her talents to good use and has made this for when her little cousin next comes round! Well done Amy, it's lovely to see such a lovely act of kindness .



Olivia Burgess has written a really moving poem, which made me realise just how much I am missing my friends. Thanks for sharing Olivia :)


Missing you
It’s strange, how one of favourite pastimes has become
Flicking through the camera roll, conjuring up memories and
Moments where you and I had a laugh. That’s all I’m missing. Your laugh.
And when I need to ask you something, advice, the answer to
Question Number 4, I can’t turn to my left and ask you.
Sometimes I have to remind myself you’re not here, and I start to miss that.
Your presence.
Or how about the time we cried with laughter
Or joy, or sadness? It’s weird to say this, but I miss the tears.
The reassuring hug that came afterwards. The knowing
It would always get better, because you’re there.
Yes, we’ve tried. Calling, texting, videos.
As if the graphics of you could make up for the emptiness I’ve been feeling.
Turns out you’re more than just a picture on a screen.
You’re a whole, brilliant person.
Remember I’m counting down the days,
And if you haven’t guessed already, I miss you.

The very talented Eloise Enser has been making costumes whilst in lock down. How amazing is this!!!! It's a copy of Harry Styles' Mexico City outfit.

Image.jpegImage preview




 I got a lovely surprise from Ms Cella this week , who has been delivering my food parcels (and bags of sweets) and I even got a snuggle with Lola the puppy!



Mr Delaney also send his love.

" Hi Year 10! I really hope you are well keeping safe and well at home and achieving the balance between working hard and looking after your own mental and physical health. I think one of the keys to getting through is having a routine each day for work and relaxation, but don't beat yourselves up if you don't get everything done that you had planned to do either! 

Apart from work I am finding time to read my novel in Italian on 1990s football star Robert Baggio "Il Divin Codino" (The Divine Ponytail - his nickname and title of the book!). Even though I am fluent in Italian it still takes me a bit longer to read an Italian novel than an English one so it's keeping me busy this week. As you can see I need a decent haircut with little grey wispy bits appearing here and there! So Year 10, sending you lots of encouragement and good vibes and hope to see you all soon. Mr. Delaney"

What's happening at school?

This week's assembly is on 'Compassion' please watch Mrs Baumgart's assembly by clicking the link below. I think she should become a television presenter!

Assemblies:

Salesian 7 Challenge

Have you tried the 'Salesian 7 Challenge' yet? Heads of Year have  been busy attempting some of the tasks (videos: https://www.facebook.com/salesianschoolchertsey/). I really enjoyed our very own Mr Keeling thrash Mr Hamshar at the 'Bring Sally Up' challange! Keep sending through your videos please.

That's all from me this week. Have a lovely weekend and KEEP SENDING ME things for my blog.

God Bless,

Ms Long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog