Stay positive, better days are on their way!



Dear Year 10,

We have made it to the end of a very strange term! I would like to start by saying a massive WELL DONE to you all. I know that most of you have been working tirelessly over the last two weeks, and you really do deserve a two week holiday with your families. Yes, you heard me correctly, REST, RELAX, RECHARGE and REJUVENATE and put the work down!

The Year 10 Team and I have tried every effort to make contact with you all, and it's been fantastic to hear how optimistic you have all been, considering the circumstances. You are such a resilient bunch and I count my blessings regularly that I get to work with such amazing young adults!

 I know I often have to nag you from time to time... 'why are you late' and 'unroll your skirt' and 'stop dumping your trainers under my desk' (Sam and Max Clayton and Finlay Coughlan this rant is usually aimed at you!) but I have really missed seeing you all these last couple of weeks and I know that you are missing each other!

 Remember though, like I said in my last blog, if you are struggling, then you are not alone!

 I had a right old 'wobble'/ diva tantrum this week. I think because I haven't left the house for two weeks, as I am living with someone who is vulnerable, the lack of fresh air sent me crazy. My stress levels began to rise when I noticed I had ran out of fun snacks!!! Then I managed to unscrew my foundation bottle meaning the content managed to spill out all over a light grey sofa. I then had to spend around three hours trying to clean it before my partner saw. I am not sure why, but I suddenly felt really frustrated at the situation and then a wave of sadness came over me, as it dawned on me that I wasn't able to see my parents or my sister for another ten weeks!

 I then remembered my wise mother's words of 'Rosie, there is always someone who has a heavier cross to carry'. Basically, I could hear my mother telling me to pull myself together, which I did, and I said a prayer for all the things I am grateful for. I quickly realised that the situation wasn't that bad. The sofa could be replaced, (I can scatter cushions to hide the stains) and I probably would just about survive by eating a banana and it wouldn't kill me if I went a day without a Malteser Bunny (courtesy of Ms Moore, who is kindly doing my shopping.) and I could FaceTime my family when I wanted. But yes, we all have our moments!!

This was me when I looked in my cupboard.


Here are some other funny memes that I have been sent, which I thought I would share with you!

My friend suggested my partner and I do this for exercise whilst in isolation!!



The one below was sent to me by my dad.

My mum didn't find it quite as funny as my sister and I did.





And here's one I sent to my friend when she complained she wouldn't be able to get her nails done!!! ...I did kindly remind her that her nails weren't important at a time like this!







Anyway, that's enough from me. Please remember that if you are worried, you can email me over the Easter holiday and I hope you and your wonderful families have a restful Easter break. Remember to stay safe, keep social distancing and be kind to those around you. It's not easy for anyone being under one roof.

God bless and here is a little reflection for the week.


Reflections on resurrection and life:
  • How have I reacted so far to the challenges that I am currently facing?
  • What part have faith, hope and love played during the “lockdown” for me?
  • What have I seen or heard recently that has given me hope?
  • How might I be a source of hope for others this week?
  • How might the world become a better place, post-coronavirus?
  • How might I get a little closer to God as we continue the journey through Lent this week?


Ms Long.


 Finally, here are some messages/updates from your lovely tutors!

Mrs Alvarez


Hola chic@s,
I hope you are all keeping well.
It has been another busy week, trying to finish all the marking, setting work, answering emails, making phone calls home, etc. But I also have had time to do other things, that as a teacher you don’t get much time to do. I have been cooking Spanish food – “tortilla de patata” y “paella” – Ñam, ñam! I have also danced some “Batuka” to keep my exercise up; I have started reading a Spanish book, I even managed to finish a puzzle a couple of months ago but most important, I have spent some time with my daughter, reading, completing homework, creating things and so on.
I hope you all have been busy too and making the most of this time at home.
Wishing you all a very Happy Easter and I hope to see you soon!
Onward to the dreams that we still have to fulfil …







Mr Munday


My school week has involved setting work, and helping with questions where people were a bit stuck. I had no idea marking work from photos of your books would be so difficult!

I spent a long time calling lots of parents to check in on you all. What struck me was that every parent I spoke to told me how proud they are of you for getting on with everything despite this new weird world. You should be very proud of how you are managing this - the resilience you are showing is fantastic.

Away from school work, the five of us in our house all want to walk the dog (Alfie) but seems to be getting a bit tired.

Keep well and enjoy your Easter.

Mr. Munday








Mrs Kandola

Hi year 10! Hope you guys are all well and happy! I’ve missed you these last two weeks and the change in routine has been quite tough to adjust to. Having said that, I am absolutely loving the time now have for self care as my commute to work has vanished and I don’t have to start work as early as I normally do. I’ve just started taking up yoga using an app which is free for students and teachers until July!


Here’s a link to the free yoga app (make sure you use your school email address to register).


It’s helped me to relax mentally and physically so I’d really recommend giving it a go 😊 

Stay safe year 10 and Happy Easter. 

Mrs Kandola

(PS please make sure you take these 2 weeks off to relax and not think about school work - especially those of you who have worked so hard this term!)


Mr Delaney

He has been a busy man and has made a video for you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think Positive, Be Positive!