Hello Year 10!

I hope day one was a productive one and that you and your families are well and are all social distancing! It's a strange old time at the moment, as I am sure you will agree, but we are all in this together and the sun is shining once again which is an added bonus and a reminder that summer is on its way and that there will be calm after the storm.

Us Heads of Year have decided to set up blogs, so we can all communicate with our amazing year groups. So here is mine!! (FYI, I have never made a blog before as you might be able to tell.)

I know for some of you (including myself) keeping a structured routine may seem hard, especially with all the tempatations around us like TV, playstation and mobiles. I for one am finding it incredibly hard not to raid the snacks cupboard every two minutes, but I can not stress how important a clear routine is. Not just so you can manage your work load, but also for your emotional and mental wellbeing.

My daily routine is as follows:
  • 7.00: Wake up and eat breakfast and get dressed for the day. 
  • 8.00: Quick spring clean. 'Alexa... play Radio1'
  • 8.30: Work begins! 'Alexa...stop now'
  • 10.00: Coffee break. Maybe treat myself to one cookie...
  • 10.30-12.30:Continue working
  • 12.30-13.30: Eat lunch and FaceTime Mama Long in Essex to check she hasn't killed my dad!
  • 13.30-16.00: Plan lessons and continue working.
  • 16.00-17.00: One hour of fitness  (Nike training app is great) 'Alexa...Play Kiss 100'
  • 17.00: Plan dinner ( I am trying to use this time to improve my cooking skills..... I made a mean lasagna last night if I  may say so myself)

I promise you, if you stick to good working habits now, then your return to school will be so much easier and you will feel far less anxious and stressed. Like Mr Browne said in his assembly last week, you need to treat your brain like a muscle. Don't stop learning: What happens when you stop exercising? Eventually, you lose your muscle strength, size and endurance, so keep revising and working, but ensure you are taking regular breaks too! Next year you will be sitting your GCSE exams, so if you put the work in now then you will take a lot of pressure off yourself.

Most importantly, be kind to yourself and those around you.

I know you know the importance of working hard. As year group you are such hard working, resilient, caring young adults and you do not need me rabbiting on about what to do, but please look after yourselves. Remember what I told you about the 'Healthy Mind Platter' and ensuring you are getting a good balance between work and play.




Take time to connect with those closest to you and be EXTRA kind to your parents/carers and siblings who are in the same situation as you!  Check in by phone with your friends and anyone you know who is on their own, like a grandparent perhaps. My friends and I are using the Houseparty app to keep up to date. I met my best friend's baby for the first time yesterday, which wasn't how I initially planned to meet him, but it cheered me up and reminded me of how lucky I am. He is in the third pic along. I am also keeping myself positive by having an online 'bake off' with a friend tomorrow! We are making banana pancakes!






Stay safe, stay strong and remember we are in this together ! Please send my warm regards to your families and encourage EVERYONE to do their bit by staying in.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think Positive, Be Positive!